Colt recently announced the Colt CBX Precision Bolt Action Rifle, which is a slight departure from their traditional revolver, 1911, and Ar-15/M4 family of firearms. The Colt CBX Precision Bolt Action Rifle is available in both .308 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor and represents engineering from both Colt and its parent company CZ. The CBX is mainly geared towards precision rifle competition though it is also great for varmint hunting and general precision rifle applications. NRA Publications made a fantastic video where they talked about the new rifle and went through the design with a Colt representative.
COLT CBX PRECISION BOLT ACTION RIFLE SPECIFICATIONS
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Features:
- Flat-bottom receiver for reduced flex and improved accuracy
- AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul magazine)
- Corrosion-resistant black nitride barrel finish
- Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel
- Ergonomic 2-position safety
- 60-degree bolt throw for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility
- 1-piece Picatinny rail – Remington 700 compatible
- Aluminum chassis with a user-adjustable length of pull and cheek weld
- Extended 15-inch fore-end with Arca rail and M-Lok slots
- Aggressive barricade stop
- User-adjustable trigger from 2.5 to 5 pounds
- Pistol grip, thumb shelf, QD cups, ambidextrous magazine latch
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Specifications:
- Barrel Length: .308 Win. - 24 inches, 6.5 Creedmoor - 26 inches
- Weight: 10.75 pounds (unloaded)
- Capacity: 5 rounds
- wist Rate: 1:10RH 6 GR .308 Win; 1:8RH 6 GR 6.5 Creedmoor
- Overall Length: .308 Win - 47 inches, 6.5 Creedmoor - 49 inches
- Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 pounds (user-adjustable)
MSRP for the Colt CBX Precision Rifle is $1,899, and more information on this rifle and other products from Colt is available at colt.com.
The COLT CBX Precision Rifle features a 15-inch ARCA rail. Note the MDT CKYE-Pod.
COLT CBX MDT CHASSIS SYSTEM
The Colt CBX Precision Rifle features an aluminum chassis system made by MDT. The chassis has elements from both the MDT LSS-XL GEN2 and the MDT ACC Premier Chassis System. The Colt CBX Precision Rifle features a 15-inch fore-end with a full ARCA rail, M-LOK slots, a barricade stop, QD flush cup mounts, and a slightly modified version of our Skeleton Rifle Stock. An ambidextrous magazine latch and adjustable length-of-pull and comb height make the rifle intuitive and easy to customize for fit.