The LSS-XL chassis system is a variant of our highly popular LSS chassis. The LSS chassis was designed for compact use, short barrelled rifles. A large amount of customers really liked the LSS chassis, but wanted to use a fixed buttstock, and use it with longer barrel systems.
This prompted us to design the LSS-XL chassis system which has a forend extended by 3" and is designed to accept fixed rifle stocks without the need of using any adapters. In addition the Length of Pull (LOP) is 1" shorter than the standard LSS, as fixed rifle stocks generally are longer than collapsible.
The chassis is designed with v-shaped bedding, allowing you to drop your rifle right in without the need for additional bedding. The bottom of the action housing has been kept round and close to the action without touching keeping maximum strength. The LSS-XL chassis will free float most factory heavy barrels.
Using our Skeleton Rifle Stock V3 - We do not recommend using our Skeleton Rifle Stock V3 on the LSS-XL. It will work on our LSS using the fixed stock adapter. But on the LSS-XL with a shorter Length of Pull the cheek riser will be in the way of the bolt. (it does work on some actions if the cheek riser is raised). But please check our Skeleton Rifle Stock Light, which was designed specifically for this chassis!
Please note important action specific information at the bottom of this page.
Mounting and Compatible Accessories
The LSS chassis is designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The LSS chassis uses external box style magazines in .223 and .308 caliber for Short Action and .300WM or .338LM magazines for Long Action rifles, and supports installation of bolt on MIL-STN-1913 accessory mounting rails. Mounting holes are spaced for Magpul style L5 (11 slots) and L3 (7 slots) rails (1.600” / 3.200”) to be used on the bottom of the forend up to 6.5" in length.
Note: Long action magazines come in 3 different lengths: 3.715", 3.775" an 3.850". Our chassis use 3.715 length magazines.
The max thickness of recoil lug recommend is .350" (8.9mm)
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminum
- Cerakote Finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- Hole spacing for Magpul L5(11slot) and L3(7slot)Rails
- Designed for fixed AR-15 buttstocks, including Skeleton Rifle Stock V4
- Accepts most AR-15 Pistol Grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1" diameter.
- Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06, 338LM (LA). (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 1.8lb - 2.1lb
- Bottom of forend is drilled and tapped to accept Picatinny rails
What you get, and what you need
The LSS-XL chassis system comes as a 1-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip.
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock. (Fixed stocks are best suited. For Collapsible stocks consider our LSS Chassis)
- A buffer tube for your buttstock. (Both milspec and commercial work on our chassis)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. Ideally without a beavertail, or use a soft (bendable) beavertail.
- At least one magazine
Please also see our HS3 Chassis System.
Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard actions
Only our polymer magazines will work in the short action rifles with minor fitting sometimes required. The long action rifles will work with the metal 3.715" magazines without fitting.
For .223 models the bolt stop may be too long. This can easily be modified.
Savage models 10/110 11/111 12/112 16/116
For rifles with the bolt release at the bottom, the bolt release can be engaged through the side of the chassis, using a pin or tool. (Not included)
Savage Long Action in 338 Lapua Magnum
Savage Long Action chassis systems all use 3.715" AICS magazine wells. The BA in 338 Lapua Magnum uses 3.850" magazines and have recently switched to a thicker recoil lug which will not fit our chassis. We will be releasing a version of the ESS in mid- 2017 which will be specifically designed around the current BA 110 in 338 Lapua Magnum.
Tikka T3 - Long Calibers
Only our Metal 3.56 magazine will fit with the chassis for this action and needs to be purchased separately.
Winchester Model 70
Only compatible with the following combination
- -FN manufactured short action Winchester Model 70 or FN-H TSX with MOE Trigger
- -308 Winchester, 7mm-08, or 243 Winchester
- -MDT Manufactured metal AICS Pattern magazines
- -Some Rifles may require modifications to the fixed blade ejector
Dimensions shown are based on a Remington 700 Short Action.
Length of Pull can be increased by 1" using a Magpul PRS or similar buttstock.