The Ultimate Reloader YouTube Channel, owned by Gavin Gear, has some of the best content related to reloading, building rifles, testing gear, comparing cartridges, and hunting. Gavin recently posted an excellent video highlighting his 7mm PRC Freedom Rifle Build. The Freedom Rifle featured the new 7mm PRC cartridge and an MDT ESS Chassis.
HORNADY 7MM PRC
The 7mm PRC is a new long-action cartridge from Hornady that bridges the gap between 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC. The 7mm PRC was designed to leverage long, heavy, high-bc bullets for precision rifle applications, including hunting. The 7mm PRC takes advantage of temperature-stable propellants for consistent velocity and better barrel life.
Hornady has both hunting and match products for the 7mm PRC.
Want to build one? Swap the barrel on your 7mm Remington or 300 Winchester Magnum and rock and roll. We will be doing a technical series on new and common cartridges and will definitely write about the 7mm PRC.
BUILD GAVIN'S 1776 RIFLE
- Bat HR Long Action
- Bartlein 7mm 5R Barrel Blank 1:8
- MDT ESS Chassis System
- Blackhound Emerge 4-32×56 Rifle Scope
BUILD RESOURCES FROM MDT
- Upgrading the Bergara B14
- Building a Custom Bergara B14 for Competition
- Building a 308 Tikka Rifle
- Building A Training Rifle - Part1 and Part 2
- Building a General Purpose 300 Win Mag Rifle
- Building a 6mm GT for Competition
- Re-building a 308 Winchester from a Remington 700 SPS Tactical Part 1 and Part 2