Our Premier Scope Rings offer a solid, light weight mounting system for your optics. Made from precision-machined aluminum.
The MDT Premier Scope Rings offer a solid mounting system for your optics. Made from precision machined aluminium, these rings are available for the majority of scope sizes and required heights.
Designed for ultimate precision and strength:
- CMM checked to 1.5 millionths of an inch precision
- Machined from Billet 6061 Aluminum
- Weight: 0.13lb or 2oz per ring (4oz for the set)
- Stepped base-to-cap interface allows the fasteners on one side to be tightened before making final scope alignment adjustments
- Four oversized #8-32 Grade 8 fasteners used for clamping the scope
MDT Premier Scope Rings are designed and manufactured to STANAG 4694 specification, also known as “NATO spec”. This means the scope ring sits tight to the top of the scope base rail, with pressure being applied to the underside of the angled rail surfaces to maintain a solid interface (as shown below). This design also allows mounting on out-of-spec rails:
By contrast, US MIL-STD-1913 spec mounts attach only to the angles sides of the rail, leaving a small gap between the top of the rail and the underside of the mount, and significantly reducing the amount of contact area between the mount and rail:
Testing performed by NATO has shown that the STANAG attachment method increases the robustness of the interface, leading to increased alignment repeatability. MDT Premier Scope rings can be mounted to scope base rails designed to both the STANAG and MIL-STD specifications.